Last Updated: October 17, 2020 (“Effective”)
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
EarthTech (“EarthTech”, “ET”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”), is a social enterprise based on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Together In Action (“Together In Action”, TiA”) is organised and operated by EarthTech ACN 96 632 785 669 (‘Administrator’).
We understand and appreciate that your decision to register with us is an expression of confidence. You trust us to keep secure any information we obtain from you or about you. We understand that privacy is important, and ET, TiA and our affiliates respect and are committed to protecting privacy of all those who we deal with including visitors.
The following notice is designed to help you better understand the information we gather from you and those who visit earthtech.io and togetherinaction.org (the “Sites”). It also describes how we handle the information once we gather it, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of the information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Regarding any information we may collect, we follow these fundamental privacy principles while operating our Services and Sites.
- We don’t ask you for information unless we truly need it.
- We only share information to develop our products, protect our rights and comply with the law.
- We only store information if it’s required for the on-going operation of our Services.
- In our profile pages and portfolio creation products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
The amount and type of information we gather depends on the nature of the interaction.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Personal Identifying Information.
Visitors to the Sites and Services may choose to interact with ET and TiA in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. For example;
- Registering and creating an account to participate in the TiA. In connection with these Services, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up a profile, such as your name, address, phone and email.
- Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, (e.g., information we request during account registration), with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities and may affect your ability to use some of ET’s and TiA Services.
- TiA is free to enter and does not involve any hidden fees or charges. Those who engage in transactions with ET and TiA by donating and or purchasing Services are asked to provide the necessary personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, ET and TiA collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with ET and TiA.
- If you post a comment on ET and TiA’s Sites, ET and TiA will collect your name, email address, and your Website (if you choose to share your Website). ET and TiA may publicly display your name and Website with your comment, but your email address will not be published.
Non-personal identifying Information
Like most websites, ET and TiA collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as;
- Browser type, language preference, referring site, hardware model and other unique device identifiers.
- Location and log information such as the date, time and duration of your use of the Service.
- Search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies set on your device.
- ET and TiA does not use non-personal information to identify its visitors and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
- We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you through the Services.
- We also may receive information about you from third-party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
ET and TiA will not sell your Personal Data to third parties. However, ET and TiA will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
Personal Identifying Information allows us to:
- Register you for a Service
- To share or disclose information such as film recordings or photographs that show you and your participation in TiA. We may use these and any similar materials, including your likeness, at our discretion without any future payments to you, in order to communicate to the public Your Material for research and development, planning and marketing purposes. This includes contacting you about future employment or investment opportunities.
- Communicate with you through our website or systems.
- Provide a Service or feature you request;
- To comply with applicable law, regulation, or governmental request; to protect the safety of ET and TiA, Website users, or others; to protect the rights or property of ET and TiA; to comply with contractual obligations of ET and TiA; and other instances when ET and TiA is legally required to disclose your information.
- To share information that is public or does not include Personal Data, such as aggregated data or a publicly posted comment.
- To provide you with information relating to our services.
- Deliver updates, sponsored content and promotional communications;
- Assess our Services (including asking you for your opinions on our charitable efforts and services and carrying out user surveys);
- Understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and Services;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website.
- To any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide services to you, including, but not limited to, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our services.
- To a third party if we sell any or all of our business and/or assets to them.
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We may collect information used primarily to provide an enhanced online experience, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, including your IP address, the date and time you accessed or left the Website and which pages you viewed, the type of operating system in use [e.g. Macintosh, Windows], the domain name, and the type of browser being used [e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.].
- They can remember the behavior of visitors and sign-in credentials so you don’t have to re enter credentials each time you log on to a service.
- From time to time, ET and TiA may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website or in house purposes and in order to improve our platforms.
- By accessing and using our Services, you consent to the storage of cookies and other similar technologies. You also consent to the access of such technologies by us and by the third parties mentioned above.
- Third party providers are not permitted to use non-personal information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can generally opt to disable cookies in your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Website, or certain aspects of the Website may not work correctly.
We do not track or collect personally identifiable information about our Website users unless you choose to subscribe for ET and TIA updates via e-mail and/or make a donation through our Website. Our Website does not have the ability to respond to a ‘do not track’ signal on a user’s browser.
We will not disclose your information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. Likewise, ET and TiA will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. However, we may disclose your information to:
Those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that;
Need to know that information in order to process it on ET and TiA behalf or to provide services available at ET and TIA Sites, and that have agreed not to disclose it to others. For example;
- We may share your information with our approved staff, experts, mentors and judges of TiA (“Experts”).
- We may share your information with our Sponsors, Affiliated Brands and other contributors of TiA (“Partners”).
- We may share your information with trusted business partners and investors. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
- We may disclose your information to companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that organize events or that send emails on our behalf. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us.
Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described, ET and TiA only discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information when required to do so by law, or when ET and TiA believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ET and TiA, third parties or the public at large. For example;
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of ET and TiA, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers; or
- in the event of a merger, sale or wind down of ET and TiA, we may share your information as part of the assets of ET and TiA.
SECURITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We maintain a risk-based approach to physical, administrative, and technical security measures to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your Personal Data, including encrypting financial donations using SSL. You should be aware, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure, and that unauthorized third parties may unlawfully intercept or access private data. You provide us with this information at your own risk.
We retain your Personal Data:
- For as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- For as long as necessary for the purpose for which we collect it
ET and TiA take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures and steps to protect the information we collect and or your provide in connection with the Services.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that information about you is available only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
- If you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
- No website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE INTERACTION
By accessing other third-party websites through our Website, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those third-party websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever, as we have no control over them. We do not have control over whether third parties track a user’s online activities over time and across different websites. We do not have the ability to respond to ‘do not track’ signals in this regard.
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
- We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn.
If you connect with a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these services.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA
Those who visit and use our Services, including you, may have a variety of legal rights regarding the processing of Personal Data. These rights vary depending on applicable law, but may include, by way of example:
- the right to know what Personal Data we maintain about you;
- the right to know with whom we have shared your Personal Data;
- the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data; and
- the right to access, correct, or delete your Personal Data.
You may exercise any rights you have under your applicable law with respect to Personal Data by contacting us as described below. We may request additional information from you to authenticate any such requests. If you receive promotional messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the opt-out instructions contained within the message. Even after you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us.
ET and TiA visitors who do not wish to have cookies placed on their computers should set their browsers to either warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or turn off all cookies before using ET and TiA Sites. You can do this via your browser settings. If you choose to turn cookies off, you may not have access to features that make your Site experience more efficient, some of our Services may not function properly, and registered users may not be able to login properly.
IP AND CONFIDENTIALITY
The Entrant owns their IP. ET and TiA agree that it will treat the non-public information in each Entry as the confidential information of the Entrant. ET and TiA will not disclose the non-public information in an Entry to any third party without the prior written consent of Entrant, unless ET and TiA is required by law, court order, or legal process to do so, including but not limited to a court or governmental subpoena. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrant understands and agrees that ET and TiA may disclose Entrant’s entire Entry to TiA’s Competition Partners, Competition Judges, and professional, financial and similar advisors; provided that such other persons or firms are bound by agreement or law not to further disclose such confidential information to any third party. Entrant also understands and agrees that ET and TiA is not required to treat as confidential any portion of Entrant’s confidential information in the Entry that (i) was disclosed to ET and TiA without obligation of confidentiality; (ii) becomes publicly available through no fault of ET or TiA; or (iii) that ET and TiA develops without reference to Entrant’s to Entrant’s confidentiality.
Each Entrant represents and warrants that:
- It meets the Eligibility Requirements listed above;
- Its Entry is wholly original, factually accurate to the best of Entrant’s knowledge, and is Entrant’s own creation;
- The individuals acting on Entrant’s behalf in connection with the Competition have the authority to do so; and
- It is the sole owner of all rights relating to its Entry, or has obtained all necessary rights, including all copyrights, moral rights, patents, trademarks, design rights, trade secrets and rights of publicity, for access to and use of the Entry by TiA, Competition Judges and Competition Partners in connection with the Competition or otherwise as contemplated in these Official Rules.
Each Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold ET and TiA harmless from any and all liability resulting from or arising from ET’s and TiA’s use of any Entry.
Each Entrant irrevocably agrees that, if it is identified as a Finalist, its company name and a non-confidential description of its Entry may be publicized in whole or in part, or not at all, on ET’s and TiA’s website and through all other marketing channels worldwide.
In addition, the Entrant will identify at least one (1) representative who will confirm the representative’s irrevocable agreement to allow ET and TiA to use the individual’s name, likeness, voice, image, photo or video worldwide for any purpose and in any manner in connection with the Competition or future ET or TiA Challenges and Competitions or in furtherance of ET’s and TiA’s mission, without compensation, notice or further consent.
If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify all users by posting a prominent announcement on our Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US
253-255 David Low Way,
Peregian Beach, QLD 4573
EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”). ET and TiA is a global brand, and thus our investors and website visitors may be from the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In order to serve our investors and website visitors, we may transfer Personal Data from individuals located within the EEA (“Data Subjects”). Personal Data that may be collected by us from a Data Subject in the EEA may include:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Contribution history
We may potentially deal with local supervisory authorities in all EU states where we have an existing relationship with a Data Subject. Additionally, information that we collect may be transferred outside of the EEA, including to countries, such as the United States, which have not been deemed as having “adequate” security measures by the European Commission.
LAWFUL GROUNDS TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN CONSENT
We process Personal Information of Data Subjects who are located in the EEA for one or more of several lawful purposes, including when you consent to providing us information; to comply with our own legal obligations; and for our legitimate business purposes.
Data Subjects whose Personal Data is collected in the EEA may withdraw consent at any time, where consent is the lawful basis for processing his/her information. Should a Data Subject withdraw consent for processing or otherwise object to processing that impedes ET and TiA’s ability to comply with applicable regulations, a Data Subject may be unable to avail himself/herself of the services that ET and TiA provides.
DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
All individuals whose Personal Data is held by ET and TiA have the right to:
- ask what information ET and TiA holds about them and why;
- ask for a copy of such information or access to such information;
- be informed how to correct or keep that information up to date; and
- be informed on how ET and TiA is meeting its data protection obligations.
Furthermore, for data collected in the EEA, Data Subjects have the right to:
- ask for a copy of such information to be sent to a third party;
- ask for data to be erased if possible and required under the GDPR;
- ask for processing of Personal Data to be restricted if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to processing of Personal Data if possible and required under GDPR;
- object to automated decision-making where applicable; and
- contact a supervisory authority in the EEA to lodge a complaint regarding ET and TiA’s processing of your Personal Data.
ET and TiA will not engage in automated decision-making activities.
NON-DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will investigate the complaint and determine whether a breach has occurred and what action, if any, to take. When contacting us, please provide as much detail as possible in relation to the query, issue or complaint. We will respond within a reasonable period.
ET and TiA expect its procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you are not satisfied with our response or would like to make a formal complaint you may at any time refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
Complaints must be made in writing.
|Phone||1300 363 992|
|Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
We would like to thank our investors, prospective partners and donors for considering and supporting ET and TiA, and our visitors for taking the time to understand more about ET and TiA by browsing and using our Sites.